Kittilä wooden church
Address: Valtatie 93, 99100 Kittilä
The wooden church in Kittilä has been designed by Carl Ludwig Engel and it was built between 1829-31. The baroque-style pulpit dates back to 1687, and it was donated to the church from Laurila in Keminmaa. The governor of Oulu county, Abram Stiernschautz, donated the altarpiece by Johan Gustaf Hedman in 1831. The altarpiece has been restored in Ulla Kiljunen's atelier in Helsinki, 1977.